Monday, February 1, 2010

Not sure I'm ready for this

I decided that this coming weekend I'm going to try on wedding dresses again. I got my W2s last week and immediately filed my taxes. According to TurboTax, they have already been accepted and I should be getting my return direct deposited any day. That means it's definitely time to try this again. (Notice the lack of exclamation points here.)

The last time I attempted this it ended better than it started, but it was still pretty hard on me. You would think this would be my favorite part of the planning as much as I love dresses, but it's emotionally and physically draining for me. I wish I had a fairy godmother who could just wave her wand and stick me in a beautiful dress.



Unfortunately, I don't have a fairy godmother and I have to actually go to shops to try on dresses. I do plan on having my dress made for me, and in my head I have an idea of what I like, but I need to try on dresses with a similar style to see if I will actually look good in it.

If you had asked me 10 years ago what I imagined getting married in, it would have been something like this:



5 years ago it would have been this:



Now I have a completely different style in mind. Something fuller like the first dress, but different cut, different top, different material. I wish I had some pictures on this computer to share, but I'm at work and I also want to check with Ned before posting something like that. I guess I don't care if he sees my dress before the wedding, and I'm sure he would be fine with it, but I also don't want to ruin the surprise.

- Gan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails