Friday, September 11, 2009

My Ned



Some months before Ned and I met, I posted a blog entry in my personal blog about how I only wanted to find my "Ned". I was referring to Lee Pace's character from the tv show Pushing Daisies and I posted the same clip that is posted at the bottom of this entry. The year before I had ended a long term relationship and dated casually after that, but was unsuccessful at finding that perfect someone. The one who I wanted to fall asleep next to at night. The one I wanted to wake up next to in the morning. The one I wanted to spend every day with for the rest of my life. I was starting to think I would never find my soulmate.

See, Im a very romantic, dreamy sorta gal. I do believe in soulmates. I believe in your lover/significant other also being your best friend. I believe in finding that one true love and spending the rest of your lives together. Call me old fashioned. Call me unrealistic. Call me silly. Whatever. Thats just who I am and Im not ashamed of it.

And then I met my darling Ned.



Ill admit it, it wasn't quite love at first sight. Not because I thought he was unattractive! In fact, I thought he was quite dreamy. As I like to call him, "tall, dark and handsome- without the tall." *smirk* But I wasn't really looking at that moment for a boyfriend. I was just trying to get out there and meet new people. He also had some "red flags" that threw me off. But right after our first date, I called my dad and told him all about it. I was smitten, I just didn't know it yet. Ned pursued me for the next few weeks and after our third date I knew. I knew I wanted to be with him. I knew I had finally found my Ned.

He was the one I was looking for. He was the one who could make me laugh no matter how sad or frustrated I was. He was the one who could make my heart melt with just one look. He was the one who was just as romantic and dreamy as I am. He was the one who made me feel complete. A lover and a best friend all rolled into one.



When we first started dating, I introduced him to the amazingness that was Pushing Daisies. Only the first season was out then and it was something we enjoyed watching together in the evenings while curled up on the couch. Thats when he started calling me "Chuck" as a petname. And also why, now, I refer to him as my "Ned". Because he is the one I was always looking for.



- Gan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails