Monday, January 25, 2010

Wait...What?? 8 months?!?!



Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday Ned and I were headed to the Pantages Theater in downtown to see the very brilliant Henry Rollins when, after a short picnic dinner by Lake of the Isles, Ned pulled the car over on Franklin Avenue to propose to me. Wasn't that just yesterday? I swear it was.





Or, was yesterday when Ned took me to San Francisco for the first time and I got to spend time in the city where he went to college and spent 7 or so years in his twenties?





Or, maybe yesterday was when Ned and I purchased our first house together in the quiet neighborhood of Nokomis Heights in Minneapolis?


But really, all those things happened some time ago. It's quite shocking that its been over a year since Ned proposed. Over a year ago that we went to San Francisco. And almost a year ago that we bought our first house. Now it's time to face reality that there are just 8 months left to go until the wedding. That was something I was shocked with this morning when I opened my email to find an update from TheKnot.com that said exactly that. 8 months. 8 months left until we throw one huge kick ass party with all our friends and family. 8 months until I get to say, "I do" to the man of my dreams.

As I sip out of my giant latte cup from The Knot that I scored at a wedding fair, I'm realizing that we are still pretty far behind. No dress. No caterer booked. No florist. Haven't even sent out our Save The Dates. Haven't even finalized our guest list. But we do have a caterer we want to book and have discussed things with. We do have some ideas for the florist we want. And Ned has designed our Save The Dates already. It's all just a matter of taking that next big step and finishing things.

I find it a bit funny though that my email from The Knot says that we should be registering for gifts right now. Gifts? 8 months from the wedding? Really? Seems a bit early to me. I have no idea what we are going to register for as we already have a lovely home with lovely things. And wont stuff change between now and the wedding? Wont we just have to redo the registry as items become unavailable? Waste of time in my opinion. For now, we just need to focus on the other things. I think the project for this week will be getting those Save The Dates out. Especially to our friends and family in Austria.



- Gan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails