Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hello? Anyone still here?

Wow. Has it really been 3 months? Seriously? Damn. I kinda suck at this.

Well... Hmmm... Now what?

I guess I should just jump right back in? Probably. Ned and I are trying to get moving again on the wedding stuff. We have 8 months to go and a lot to get done in that time.

In the last three months, we have done....nothing....absolutely nothing. Well, nothing really wedding related. We had an amazing engagement party, but other than that, nothing. We've just kinda put the wedding on the back burner. Not really a good idea if you ask me, but sometimes those things happen.

We had Ned's father here for a visit and during that time we celebrated our engagement with our amazing family and friends. Halloween came and went and I didn't really celebrate. That was followed by a wonderful Thanksgiving, again, with amazing family and friends. Really, it was one of the best Thanksgivings ever. At the beginning of December I took a week vacation down in Miami/Key West with Nadine who was visiting from Austria. We had an amazing time and she said yes when I asked her to be a bridesmaid. We both cried and it was a super sweet moment (followed by a lot of partying). Christmas seemed like a mad rush. I really didn't get much of anything done. If Ned hadn't taken over, I don't think anyone in the family would have gotten gifts. He really pulled everything together. And in the end, we celebrated the new year with Robyn and her husband, Pat, playing games and having a lot of laughs.

It was an amazing year. I only hope 2010 can live up to the legacy left by 2009. And with the wedding coming up, Im betting it can. It's going to be one beautiful day. I just hope it doesn't go by as fast as the engagement party did. The whole day/night was a blur. It was so much fun, but I felt like I didn't even get to talk to everyone or thank everyone for coming. I was busy in the kitchen with Robyn for most of the day and even a bit during the party. The food was so amazing and went so fast that we actually had to throw more together. (Good thing I had extras in the fridge just waiting to go.) But overall, it was such a beautiful time.

The engagement party was a cupcake theme with the phrase "Love is Sweet". I not only made sweet cupcakes, but yummy savory ones too! And with tons of help from Robyn, the food was a complete success. There were 4 different types of sweet cupcakes, including a vegan version of one- chocolate with white buttercream, lemon with lemon buttercream, lemon with raspberry buttercream and pumpkin with cream cheese frosting. And then 3 different types of savory cupcakes- mac n cheese, mexican cornbread and vegan shepherds pie. I kept the color scheme from the invites going with the decorations for the party. It turned out really beautiful and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Here are some photos either taken by Robyn, her husband or me:


My sister, my dad and me


Pumpkin with cream cheese frosting


Chocolate with buttercream frosting


The full spread


Me in the kitchen


Shepherds pie


Vegan pumpkin with tofutti cream cheese

And here is one beautiful photo of me and Ned by my lovely friend, Ericka Bailie-Byrne.


- Gan

1 comment:

  1. Yay update and for a fun engagement party (AND getting back to planning!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails