Thursday, February 25, 2010

Coverage

This post doesn't have to deal with tattoo covering this time, but my upper body that is going to get quite chilly as the night goes on. See, I'm one of those people. The kind that is always cold. The kind that is always asking to have the heat turned up. I can never seem to get warm unless I am lying out in the sun, which, living in Minnesota, doesn't get to happen all that often. In the winter time we have to keep our thermostat in the mid 70's just to keep it semi tolerable for me. Everyone else I know can somehow manage with theirs in the 60's. I'm sure they save on their heating bill, but how they can last through the winter, I do not know.

Now that I have my dress purchased, I've been thinking about how I will keep myself warm as the evening sets in. I bought a strapless dress, and even though I am having off the shoulder short sleeves added on, I'm going to be freezing. Our outdoor ceremony will thankfully be during the afternoon, but in MN, who knows what the weather will really be like that day. And even though our reception will take place indoors, I know that Ned and I are going to sneak off at some point to have some evening city shots taken. Brrrrrrrrrr!

I saw this cute post on Green Wedding Shoes about bridal sweaters and it totally got me thinking that I should get myself a little knitted shrug or cardigan for the wedding. Something that I can cuddle into as I get cold or we are out running around downtown taking photos. I started searching Etsy for some pretty ivory shrugs to choose from since I know that I can't knit myself something, and these are the ones I have found so far:


This is adorable, but would not keep me warm at all. I just had to post it because it is so pretty. It's from Magical Laboratory of Fashion and they have a bunch of beautiful things.


I also liked this one from Mucar, but again, not gonna keep me all that warm with the short sleeves.


These are also pretty, but not really my style or what I'm looking for. From reflectionsbyds and moocow.

These two are also from reflectionsbyds and are the two that I like the most so far.




But after looking at all the beautiful ivory shrugs and cardigans, I started checking out the beautiful color ones and now I can't decide if I want one to match my dress, or a bright one to match my shoes!

- Gan

1 comment:

  1. ooooh! Pretty! I love boleros, shawls, etc...

    I vote for a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails